4.19.2013

Rant on Verizon, and others

I just can't stand working with big companies -- I mean, who likes it?  And, they're all the same -- where is that awful manual that says you ask customers to spend and hour on the website, then force them to work really hard to find a phone number (often they have to google another source to find a company number); then get them on the phone and tell them they should look at the website where they've already spent the last hour....I mean, duh....

I don't care if you're a big business or small, do not tell me on your stupid recording to look at the website -- I was just there.

When you finally get a human the first thing you hear is that your conversation may be recorded for "training purposes."  What makes me not really believe that?  That's a whole lot of data for training.  No, what it is for is to spy on employees, and who knows, maybe other things as well.  I have to say, by the time you get to a human they are usually well-trained (OK, maybe the calls did help) and though pretty robotic, they seem to try to solve the problem.  If they can't, it's evident that their hands are tied.  

But then I really get fried when they tell me that there will be a follow up on their performance and they'd like a good score.  Well, I can't blame them, I'm sure their jobs are pretty dependent on these scores.  So, then within and hour or a day I get emails and robo-phone calls asking me to rate my service.  I'm not willing to do Verizon's job for them -- I already pay them way too much money, and now they want me to be the personnel manager too?  Why don't they listen to the millions of tapes THEMSELVES and rate the service?  Well....that would be too expensive, so why not do a robo-call to me and have me foot the bill?

I wish I could just opt-out of businesses that treat me this way....but then, where would this cheery little blog be?


No comments: