3.10.2013

Oh my goodness, I'm back

So, I've missed writing and thinking and sharing....to my whole 4 followers.  From time to time I've gone back to this blog to look things up and every time I do I think....why did I just stop?

I can tell from the time stamp that Amnesty probably stopped me.  Good work, but not a good idea.

Upon my return I also feel that this will be my life-outside-Amnesty place, and part of me fears it will be empty.  Where is my quilting, my reading, my cooking?  It needs to come back here.

Today's announcement is that we've joined a CSA for the season -- beginning in June.


It's called Groundworks Farm and here's a pic of some seedlings they've just started.

My goodness it looks like a lot of work -- they're just starting up this season after moving here from Vermont.  The farmer's mom lives in our neighborhood and put up a note in the Ashton Heights listserv about the farm, and also mentioned that her house will be the weekly drop-off site for Arlington.  Wow -- those moms never stop, do they?

We just went ahead and did the whole deal -- veggies, of course, but also cheese, eggs, chicken, and meats.  I know it will be a real challenge to use everything, and I hope to pass things to the girls as well.

Surely this space will keep up with my farm goodies.

No comments: