5.30.2009


I haven't been very good about updating my vast reading public here.  What's new in my life?

One big thing is that my sewing room is put together and Emily and I are working on a baby quilt for our neighbor, Trisha's, "Sprinkle" (vs. Shower) next weekend.  A "Sprinkle" is what you get for your third baby!  We'll need to hustle to get it done, but I had the house to myself this evening and I got the whole top pieced -- so, that's a big milestone.  

Then, we got word that my Aunt Nici in California had a big surgery -- heart -- but is coming through it well.  I think Mom and I will go out to visit in a month or so, and hope we can help out when she gets home from her weeks in rehab.  We're playing it by ear right now.  If we do go, a beach visit of some kind will be on the agenda -- Mom has been begging us to take her to a beach, but East Coast beaches leave a lot to be desired when you grew up in California.  So, I told Mom that she could rent us a convertible when we're there and we'll at least hit Santa Cruz.  I kind of doubt that Nici could do that kind of outing, but who knows.  

I've also decided that I need to do yoga every day -- going to a class once or twice a week is wonderful, but daily is even better.  So, I've been disciplining myself to set the alarm earlier and get in some mat time before everything else begins -- seems to be a good plan so far.  The pic above isn't mine -- but I do have a purple mat.

This evening we had a salad with our own lettuce -- finally.  I think it was very tasty, but we wiped out a lot of our crop for just one salad:-(  I think I need to replant, pronto.  Today at the Farmer's Market I got beautiful strawberries, cherries, and raspberries from the Westmoreland Berry Farm -- yes, I decided to stand in line.  They also had asparagus and a big head of garlic that you grill and then press out the insides onto bread.  So, I guess the line was worth it.

No comments: