9.05.2010

Tomato Sauce
















It's that time of year -- windows open, cool enough to dig out my bathrobe this morning, and everything said -- time to make a big batch of tomato sauce. I got plum tomatoes at the farmer's market yesterday (unfortunately, I don't have a good yield of my own at the moment), and went out with my scissors and snipped oregano, parsley, and basil from the garden. I'll freeze most of it.

Yesterday Doug and I went off on our bikes to explore Potomac Outlook Park -- we didn't seem to find the actual outlook part -- it's over the Potomac but we never saw the river, anyway, it was pretty.

3 comments:

Michael Owen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate Vandermade said...

Mmmm that tomato sauce looks yummy!

emily said...

My thoughts exactly :)